Filtering Bounced Emails
-Log into Zimbra
-Click on the “Options” tab
-Click on the “Mail Filter” tab.
Any filters previously created will be listed.
-Click the “New Filter” button
-On the New Filter window, type the filter name “Bounce”.
-Select “Any conditions”
Set the following under “Any conditions”:
- Click on the first down arrow and select the condition “Header Named ”.
- Type the match information in field. In this case it would be “X-Spam-Status ”. (Do not include quotations)
- Click on the second down arrow and select the condition “contains”
- Type the match information in the field. In tihs case it would be “BOUNCE_MESSAGE”. (Do not include quotations)
-Under “Perform the following actions:”
- Click on the first down arrow and select the condition “File into Folder”.
- Click on the Browse button and select the folder “Junk”.
- Ensure that the “Active” box on the top right is checked.
- Click “OK” after confirming that your filter appears identical to the one displayed below.
The image below will display how it should look:
Note: we recommend that if you use this filter, you check your Junk folder every couple of days, just to make sure that legitimate bounce messages aren’t getting marked as junk.
If you need any assistance, please contact the Help Desk at x2660.